Jim Kerwin writes:

> I am currently tracking the NASDAQ100, S&P 400, 500, 600, and the DJ65.  I
> download data for these indexes weekly, and I want to add more indexes.  Can
> anyone recommend other active popular indexes I could use and, hopefully not
> get too many duplicate symbols.

The Russell 2000 is my knee-jerk reaction to this question.  I can only
imagine you are leaving out the DJIA for some reason and not because you
overlooked it, so I won't suggest that one.  ;-)

Interesting Driving test responses: Q: What problems would you face if
you were arrested for drunk driving? A: I'd probably lose my buzz a lot
faster.
http://www.unixgeek.com/cgi-bin/motd.pl - PGP email preferred