Re: Shifted Mov. Avgs.

Alton:

Thanks for this information.  I thought that the lead time was the square
root of the mov length and that one mov was of the highs, the other of the
lows.  Please clarify this.

I'm not sure what Dahl's real name is, but I sort of think that it was
Buehler or some such.  He was an aeronautical engineering prof at Purdue  U.
If he is still alive he'd be in his 80's or 90's.  Someone on this web site
apparently knew him personally, and mentioned that Dahl used a mainframe,
punched cards, and a Fortran complier. He also mentioned that he had to run
his stock programs in the wee hours of the morning.

I was always amused by the choice of Curtis Dahl as his psuedonym.  Back in
the days of the Spanish Civil War, an American pilot, named Curtis Dahl,
flying for the loyalists was shot down and captured by Generalissimo
Franco's forces.  They had a so-called court marshall and sentenced him to
be shot.  All of a sudden an American showgirl wrote to Franco and pleaded
for Dahl's life, stating that she was his wife, and enclosing a picture of
herself.  General Franco wrote back and said he'd look into it and see if he
could do anything. Franco closed the letter by saying something like " I
kiss your hand Madame".  The letter was released to the press who made a
sensation of this closing.  Apparently this was a normal formal closing to a
letter when  an upper class Spaniard wrote a letter to a lady.  Dahl was
released and when he met his wife in France, after a holiday, his wife
announced that she wasnt married to Dahl and it was just a publicity stunt.
I was in grade school at the time., but to me, the showgirl looked like a
tough cookie. When I asked my parents what kind of shows she would act in,
they told me not to ask such questions, that I was too young to know!  Gee I
wondered what they meant?

Regards

Lionel