Re: Using Downloader/ASCII files to update

At 12:31 PM 8/14/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Has anyone figured out how to
>1) get free end-of-day data from the net;
>2) import that ASCII file into Excel;
>3) manipulate the data in Excel to produce a file,
>4) which Downloader can use to update MSPRO?
>
>   1) and 2) should be quite easy; but 3) and 4) could be tough.
>                 CMA
     This is easy enough to do: (1) download your free data (I'm a
futures/options trader &, when I'm feeling cheap, just grab the data from
Ira Epstein's site); (2) import the ASCII file into your word processor - I
use WordPerfect - a few easily written macros let one massage the data into
a comma delimited file (be sure to add the appropriate header); (3) save
this in ASCII format & use Downloader to convert the file.  Whole process
takes 8-10 minutes.
      regards - betsy