Re: WAG THE DOG (or Dog is God spelled backwards)

Terry,

I think you're on to something.  There's always a "swell" guy in
the whitehouse as long as the old pocketbook is fat.  I've sure
met a lot of: "legends in their own minds" type of investors in
the past five years.  Everyone's a genius in a bull market.
Let's see....you buy, you hold, they go up, and then you tell
your friends that you're an astute investor.  If you have also
watched cable or satellite that day, you can even "spin" some
"funky-mentals" on them and sound important.

Considering that about 52% of the population is now investing in
the market and thats about 100% increase over the past 8 or so
years, I think the boom industry for the next millenium is going
to be investment advisors.  After everyone gets totally
'twisted" over the shitty performance of their favorite mutual
fund manager, money will disseminate out of funds into the hands
of small investment advisors who use technical analysis and know
how to write up a ticket that's titled: "short".

Hmm, I think I just talked myself into taking the series 65/66
test!

Steve Karnish
CCT

----------
> From: Tjgarrison@xxxxxxx
> To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: WAG THE DOG
> Date: Friday, August 07, 1998 7:40 PM

> << I have this theory: All the MetaStock criticism is a
>  diversionary tactic for all the equity players who have taken
>  large "hits" in their long portfolios.
>
>  I also have had difficult times with support.  At least,
George
>  has been consistent and does reply to my questions in a
timely
>  fashion.  With all the attention focused on what Equis is
>  doing/not doing, hasn't done/might do, could do/should do,
>  etc.,...we are running a close second to the ongoing
>  Lewinsky/Clinton soap opera ("As the Stomach Turns").  >>
>
> I have also been hatching a theory while reading the posts in
the last few
> days.
> The underpinning of a bear market is a negative change in
social phsychology
> (according to Elliott Waves).  When the mood changes from bull
to bear, issues
> that were ignored during the bull are now target for the
"Collective Wrath".
> Clinton's many indiscretions start to matter.  People start
earnestly
> complaining about Metastock shortcomings that have been around
a long time.
> People write messages in CAPITAL LETTERS.
>
> Perhaps last week's thread on Metastock's shortcomings is a
sentiment
> indicator that confirms that 7/20 is the BIG top.   The
"Collective Wrath"