Omni Trader 3.5

Hi guys

I'm a new guy any will just start right in.

I bought Omni Trader shortly after I bought MS, (last July'97).

Both programs are good at what they do and serve my purposes as an
end-of-day trader. I use OT for setting up profiles of different sector
groups of stocks, commodities, and funds. MS, I use for charting, indicator
building etc.

I rarely look at the voting line in OT because my usual reaction is either
"you've got to be kidding" or "that was pretty obvious". But I do look at
the 10 daily and 10 weekly lines that I set up below each chart. It's
interesting to watch the colours line up, then shift out of phase. Sort of
like MESA.

Each of the OT formulas are very well described in the 2 books on formulas
and many can be optimized automatically.

The criticisms that have been mentioned in the posts are true. But, there
are other things about the program and the company that have not been
mentioned.

OT like MS is a good program, I just accept both of them for what they are,
and try not to push them too hard into areas that they won't go.

One major difference between the two programs is that in my owning time
period, MS updated from 6.0 to 6.5. In the same time period, OT went from
3.0 to 3.1 to 3.2 with regular monthly releases, changes etc ALL FOR FREE.
Then 3.5 came out for about $150.00US and has been through 3 releases
since. I also received 2 full length videos for free.

Without getting into arguments about quality, quantity of activity speaks
volumes to me.

I get the feeling that OT is a very "on the move" company. Their new
products in development sound interesting. If you have any concerns that
are not answered, call Tommy Holmes a long time guy at extension #303.

I don't have any financial interest in OT nor have I have any involvement
with the company. I simply don't have the same concerns with OT that I have
with MS. Maybe some of you are right about MS being a "dead in the water",
"end of the line program". That is certainly my feeling at times. It is a
good "end-of-the-line" product however and I would never give it up.

I'm currently looking at the basic ELWAVE program ($230US) for basic wave
counting and TFP 8.1 for screening.
I'd be interested in anyone's opinions about these programs.

The 200+ digests have been interesting reading. There are some very
thoughtful contributors on-line. As a reader, I appreciate your time and
effort to contribute.

Good trading to all of you.

Walter