Re: Telechart 2000

Steve/

For futures take a look at Pinnacle Data: http://www.pinnacledata.com/

I get their CLC and IDX databases, end-of-day, at $17/mo, paid
quarterly.  Both databases go back to the beginning of available data.

CLC stands for Continuous Linked Commodity contracts.  Their historic
database resides on your hard-drive in very compact form.  Downloading
the daily updates over the internet is a snap.  Part of their software
then adds the update to the database.  Another part updates the
MetaStock files which can be in forward adjusted, back adjusted or
unadjusted form.  At roll-over time another program rebuilds the forward
adjusted files.  Files can also be created in ASCII formats.  The
regular list comprises some 50-odd contracts; for a one-time payment you
can add a large number of additional contracts.

The IDX database is a variety of indices, daily and weekly, anything
from daily adv/decl to weekly interest rates.  They come in groups and
you can subscribe to individual groups.  The week-end IDX update is
available on Saturday mornings.  There is also a COT database.

Daily updates are ready about 4:30 PM Pacific time.  Corrections are
made promptly and automatically.  The company responds promptly to
e-mail.  When the satellite failed recently they scrambled around and
had data available without the problems I saw reported for other
services.

The one negative is the clunky DOS software, which is nothing like as
smooth as using Reuters with the DownLoader.  If you can handle that I
think they are a good and reliable company.

Harvey Pearce, Victoria, B.C., Canada