Re: Bollinger Band Width

Alberto wrote:

>  Here is my formula:
>
>  ((c+std(c,20,2)-mov(c,20,s))/(std(c,20,4)))*100
>
>  As you're going to see it usually oscillates between 0 and 100, just like
> stochastic
>  does. But, a wider move is allowed whereas readings above 100 or below 0
> reflect closes
>  above the higher band or below the lower. But you can see for yourself
> plotting the
>  formula...

I copied that formula into MS 6.5, and it doesn't compute.  MS is looking for
a ")" after the 20 in the "((c+std(c,20,2)", which tells me it interprets
"std" as "stdev" which uses just (data array, periods).   Actually, I find no
function "std" in MS.

Is "std" a MS function?  Or is this a user written function?  If it is a user
written function could you please send it to the list.  Thanks.

Jim