Re: EGGS

The problem when you place an order even a limit order on Datek (or any
place else for that matter) will become a market order when the limit
price becomes marketable. If you placed a market order over night you
lost that 1.5 not the brokerage firm.

Although with a short I am surprised that the order was placed. From my
understanding with Datek if you place an order to sell short and is not
filled before the stock moves to a down tick you have to re-enter the
order. The system kicks it out on the NASDAQ. Of course it is diffeent
for the NYSE.

The other problem is that there is a priority for executing trades on
the NYSE. I may have the order wrong but it is time, size and price.
This will effect your fill with a market order.

I know i didn't give you any real details but hopefully enough of a
general idea that there are these gray areas that come up now and then
when we place our orders.

I also found out from Datek that they can execute your order prior to
the market open if it is left in over night. When I spoke with customer
service he said it doesn't always happen, but does from time to time.
And the earliest that he had seen was 5 minutes before the open.

Harley