Re: Volume In Explorer

> I'm trying to use the volume criteria to filter some stocks.  I put in for
>  the column to be greater than 3000, assuming that would be 3 million
>  shares.  However it does not seem to be that way because I am only getting
>  stocks with volume as low as a 100,000 shares.  How is the volume criteria
>  calculated?  I realize it is in multiples of 10's and 100's.  Could someone
>  give me example of how they code for only average volume greater than 300,
> 000.

Actually, you are probably seeing stocks which trade as few as 30,000
shares -- the multiplier is 100.  Try your filter at 30,000 for 3,000,000
shares.
You can put it right in the filter section of the Explorer, you don't have to
put
it in one of the columns.  For example, my Explorer setting is:

C > 20
AND V > 100
AND (colA = 1)
AND (colB = 1)

Where the Close is greater than $20 / share, the Volume is over 10,000
shares traded (100x100), and both colA and colB are equal to 1.

Randy Given
GivenRandy@xxxxxxx
http://members.aol.com/GivenRandy
public key at http://members.aol.com/GivenRandy/pgpkey.asc