Metaload / Metatools (UK users)

Hi,

Anyone using metaload version 3 and the new metatools?

My thoughts so far:

Metaload 3 is much, much slower at updating than the previous
version. But can be run in the background, there was no multi-tasking
with version 2.

Metatools (automatic addition/deletion/name change) works OK and
should save alot of tedious database maintainance in the future.

The only problem I have encountered so far is that it added new
securities from the prestel list to a new-securities directory,
without looking to see if they were already in the my database. From
the help pages it looks like it should not have done this. However,
this should not be a problem as in the future as I will not be adding
them manually!

There appears to be one major downer about both programs, at least
on my PC. The message boxes come up less than full size and with
scroll bars. Fine, I thought, and resized them to get rid of the
scroll bars. But the program does not 'remember' the resizing and
next time the program is run, the scroll bars are back! Irritating or
what?!  btw my PC is running at 1024x768 so it is not like there is
a lack of room!

If anyone has a solution....

I emailed the vendors about this, but have had no response.

Cheers

Roy

Roy Miller
roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx