Re: Sequential

I've included a description of Intersection so you can determine for
yourself if this formula does what it should.  (There, now I'm covered.)

This is my understanding of Intersection:
Intersection requires that the price range of either day 8 or day 9 of Setup
overlap the price of any Setup day 3 or more days earlier, but if
Intersection doesn't occur on Setup day 8 or 9, it can occur on any
subsequent day.

For MS 6.5, this formula plots a +1 when a BUY Setup is complete and
Intersection occurs.
It also plots a +1 when a SELL Setup is complete and Intersection occurs.
For about a week it should also catch Intersections that don't occur until
AFTER Setup day #9.  Let me know if you find something wrong with it or
something that does a better job (and is less convoluted).  :)

Ken

                        -- Seq *Setup, Intersection for Buys & Sells, ALERT
--

{Holds Buy OR Sell Setup TRUE for 5 days, in order to catch Intersections
which occur AFTER Setup day #9}

        {--BUY Setup, Intersection--}

If(
    {BUY SETUP}

Alert(
If((C < Ref(C,-4) AND
Ref(C,-1) < Ref(C,-5) AND
Ref(C,-2) < Ref(C,-6) AND
Ref(C,-3) < Ref(C,-7) AND
Ref(C,-4) < Ref(C,-8) AND
Ref(C,-5) < Ref(C,-9) AND
Ref(C,-6) < Ref(C,-10) AND
Ref(C,-7) < Ref(C,-11) AND
Ref(C,-8) < Ref(C,-12) AND
{Validation Day}
Ref(C,-9) > Ref(C,-13) ),1,0) = 1 ,5 {hold true for 5 days} )

AND

If(
    {BUY Intersection, Part A}

H >= Ref(L,-3) OR
H >= Ref(L,-4) OR
H >= Ref(L,-5) OR
H >= Ref(L,-6) OR
H >= Ref(L,-7) OR
H >= Ref(L,-8)   ,1,0) = 1 ,1,0)

      OR

If(
    {BUY SETUP}

Alert(
If((C < Ref(C,-4) AND
Ref(C,-1) < Ref(C,-5) AND
Ref(C,-2) < Ref(C,-6) AND
Ref(C,-3) < Ref(C,-7) AND
Ref(C,-4) < Ref(C,-8) AND
Ref(C,-5) < Ref(C,-9) AND
Ref(C,-6) < Ref(C,-10) AND
Ref(C,-7) < Ref(C,-11) AND
Ref(C,-8) < Ref(C,-12) AND
{Validation Day}
Ref(C,-9) > Ref(C,-13) )  ,1,0) = 1 ,5 {hold true for 5 days} )

AND
If(
    {BUY Intersection, Part B- Yesterday's high}

Ref(H,-1) >= Ref(L,-4) OR
Ref(H,-1) >= Ref(L,-5) OR
Ref(H,-1) >= Ref(L,-6) OR
Ref(H,-1) >= Ref(L,-7) OR
Ref(H,-1) >= Ref(L,-8)   ,1,0) = 1 ,1,0) ;

          {----------------------}

         {--SELL Setup, Intersection--}
If(
    {SELL SETUP}

Alert(
If((C > Ref(C,-4) AND
Ref(C,-1) > Ref(C,-5) AND
Ref(C,-2) > Ref(C,-6) AND
Ref(C,-3) > Ref(C,-7) AND
Ref(C,-4) > Ref(C,-8) AND
Ref(C,-5) > Ref(C,-9) AND
Ref(C,-6) > Ref(C,-10) AND
Ref(C,-7) > Ref(C,-11) AND
Ref(C,-8) > Ref(C,-12) AND
{Validation Day}
Ref(C,-9) < Ref(C,-13) ),1,0) = 1 ,5 {hold true for 5 days} )

AND
If(
    {SELL Intersection, PART A}

L <= Ref(H,-3) OR
L <= Ref(H,-4) OR
L <= Ref(H,-5) OR
L <= Ref(H,-6) OR
L <= Ref(H,-7) OR
L <= Ref(H,-8)  ,1,0) = 1 ,1,0)

OR

If(
     {SELL SETUP}

Alert(
If((C > Ref(C,-4) AND
Ref(C,-1) > Ref(C,-5) AND
Ref(C,-2) > Ref(C,-6) AND
Ref(C,-3) > Ref(C,-7) AND
Ref(C,-4) > Ref(C,-8) AND
Ref(C,-5) > Ref(C,-9) AND
Ref(C,-6) > Ref(C,-10) AND
Ref(C,-7) > Ref(C,-11) AND
Ref(C,-8) > Ref(C,-12) AND
{Validation Day}
Ref(C,-9) < Ref(C,-13) ),1,0) = 1 ,5 {hold true for 5 days} )

AND
If(
    {SELL Intersection, PART B}

Ref(L,-1) <= Ref(H,-4) OR