Re: Brown

D.Henderson wrote:

> At 04:46 PM 6/13/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >
> >Is anyone on the list experienced enough so that little guy named
> >Brown will let them trade through his brokerage?  If so how would you
> >rank them?
> >
> Brown who?   Skipper???
I have used Brown & Co. for several years.  Their web site is pretty
straing forward, nothing special.  Their statements, confirmations and
services are very good.  I get phone confirmation (at my request) within
one or two minutes of placing the order on the computer.  My fills on
stop or limit orders are usually within 2/16's to 3/16's.  I have to
question why I usually get this spread, but it could be the volatility
of the stock.  (Or the usually "market" forces at work).  I just factor
this into the $5 market order or the $10 limit or stop order price.  You
can also call and place the order with a human.  They also will pay a
small (3%) interest on uninvested funds on deposit.

Al Taglavore