Re: MA Envelope

-----Original Message-----
From: Harvey Pearce <hhp@xxxxxxxx>
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, June 06, 1998 6:44 PM
Subject: Re: MA Envelope

|Mike/
|
|The moving averages you show can be done with the built-in Moving
|Average indicator, no coding needed.  Then you can experiment with the
|Vertical Shift (positive and negative) and Horizontal Shift parameters.
|
|Harvey Pearce, Victoria, B.C., Canada
|======================================

I have talked to Metastock about their moving average horizontal shift. I
doesn't
work right when you specify a shift to the right. I wanted to shift the MA
and have
it displayed to the right of the bar but nothing is shown to the right of
the last bar!
It simply cuts if off. Their support said they knew it did that but no one
has complained
so they never fixed it. I registered my vote immediately! So in the mean
time you may
have to export the data to a spreadsheet and compute your own MA.

Scott