Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 19:33:14 +0200
From: "J.W.E Roberts" <jan.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: metastock users group <metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Dyn RSI - Metastock indicator code for dynamic zone indicator
Sender: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Anil & All,

The problem here is that you need a dynamic RSI - as to its # of bars. Now,
there is a standard indicator in MS: Chande's Dynamic Momentum Indicator, which
does just that. The problem is that everything is preset by Equis; that is the
variable influencing the # of days (standard error or r-squared I believe)
itself as well as _its_ length. So the only solution would be to create a custom
RSI that allows length as a variable - which the MS-indicator does not.
There are a number of real MS-programming pros (among whom I emphatically don't
consider myself) around here who have solved the same problem for dynamic MAs.
Therefore I'd like to step onto Anil's sideboard, and ask the same question:
Has anyone programmed a custom dynamic RSI?

Thanks & Happy Trading,
Jan Willem E. Roberts