Re: Shorting Stocks

Heidi,

At the equis.com site, click on "hot stocks".  You can screen
for:
Most overbought stocks
Biggest % gainers over last week
Stocks breaking out of consolidation (downside)
Stocks crossing below 200-day m.a. on double average volume

and the most useful (only my opinion):

Stocks with Bearish Engulfing pattern

As a  "rule of thumb" when observing supply and demand:

Things go down twice as fast as they go up.  You're on the right
track, just keep diggin'.

Steve Karnish
CCT

----------
> From: Heidi Stubner <stubner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Shorting Stocks
> Date: Thursday, June 04, 1998 12:47 PM
>
> I'm testing a few theories on using indicators on shorting
stocks.

> Thestreet.com provided the following criteria for shorting:
>
> 1)	A major downside break of at least 1 point or more.
> 2)	Increase in volume (more than 100% rise versus average
daily volume)