Re: On-line brokers

For what it's worth, I had MANY problems with Webstreet Securities. After
trying to resolve them with management (which were never willing to speak
with me) I voted with my feet and moved my investments elsewhere.

I've known others that had similar problems with them so I wasn't the only
person to experience such things.

Webstreet didn't even want to know that there was a problem, let alone
address it.

No brokerage is "perfect." However, when there is a problem, it's how the
problem is addressed that makes the difference in whether or not I will use
them.

E*Trade, on the other hand, whenever there was a question about things in
the past with, not only did management want to solve the problem, they
actually readily acknowledged the problem and took steps to make an effort
to keep my business.

I know that you asked about  XPresstrade specifically, but I thought that
I'd my 2 cents about "the newer on-line only firms" in case it may be of
help to you or anyone else reading this.

Joel