Omnitrader's Relationship with Equis

In an earlier post, someone mentioned that Nirvana Systems had a supplemental
package that ran tests on multiple securities with MS 4.0.  I had that package
(was about $100 if I remember right) and it offered standard basic technical
textbook security reviews: MACD crossovers, RSI 20/80, Williams %R 20/80, 2
and 3 period Moving Average crossovers, etc.  Then, they also included
optimized versions of each one of these that is similar to the optimization
feature in MS.  Altogether I think they had about 30 or 40 tests that ran
against with MS, using its data.  It was supposed to produce signals for the
next day's trading.  I had problems with its ability to produce signals for
the next day, if I remember right, it would produce signals for the current
day, with end of day data, not very useful.  In fact, I didn't find any of
their non-sophisticated tests to be very useful.  Equis actively promoted and
advertised the Nirvana supplement through their (Equis) direct user mailing
activity.  The two of them appeared to be quite friendly.

Then, Ominitrader came out, and Nirvana's product no longer ran with MS
software.  It is also no longer $100.  In looking at the Omnitrader site, it
looks to me as if they have created more tests (I know nothing of the validity
of the additional testing capability), and developed the MS supplement to run
as a stand alone application.  Also at their web site, they sell MetaStock
software.  My guess is, and has been, the when MS and Nirvana separated, the 2
of them agreed not to cross the boundaries of each other's software.  It is
also my guess, and only a guess, that is why MS neither supports the testing
of multiple securities, nor has more sophisticated testing (the ability to
reference external variables, etc.) nor a better signaling capability (provide
entry decisions for tommorows trading day).

I guess the bottom line for me is that at one time Nirvana produced a sizeable
but somewhat worthless piece of testing software specifically for MS, and
because of this early relationship, Equis will not allow MS to progress to a
more sophisticated level, which could be accomplished with very little effort.

Jim