Re: Binary testing

Bill,
     Yes I have, I never develop any system without back testing and
out of sample testing.  It's like any other system I use in that it
does great on some stocks and not so great on others .  I'm
convinced that systems that work, work on certain types of stocks
only.  The problem is identifying those stocks ahead of time.  That's
why after I find a stock I'm interested in from my Telescan searches,
I download the stock historical data, load 1500 days of data into
MetaStock and run a comparison on all my MetaStock Profit System
Tests.  Typically the best test will give a few hundred percent return
over that period.  However, If no test returns a 100% or better
profit, I delete that stock from my database.  That means the profit
system test is the final screen for putting a stock in my database.
Then I change the indicators above the stock plot so it's obvious by
looking which test performed the best and that's the one I run for
updates.
     Returns on the binary wave test for stocks in my database range
from a little over 100% to several hundred per cent.  Sample returns
for a few of the stocks with the Binary Wave test follow:
ADEX    2 winners,  0 Losers     280% profit
COHU    6 winners,  4 Losers    653% profit
ESIO     6 winners,  4 Losers    478% profit
FRK       5 winners   4 Losers    132% profit
MLT       4 winners,  4 Losers    704% profit
RDC      5 winners,  4 Losers     276% profit
SMOD   2 winners   0 Losers,   150% profit
TSO      6 winners,  2 Losers,    237% profit

JIM