Options Discussion List Status

After my recent post on the options discussion list, I received many new
requests from Metastock List members to be added to such a discussion list.
I held off on beginning an ad hoc list to ensure that I had received all
such requests.  There are probably something like 30-40 list members
interested at this point.

My personal opinion on ad hoc lists is that, over time, they don't work.  I
had decided that, for myself, I wouldn't participate on a decentralized,
non-listserv list....

Good news!  I just heard back from the individual who wrote me earlier that
he would be able to host a listserv for the options discussion list.  I copy
his note in its entirety below.

As I have already recently wrote, I don't have the time to effectively
manage the list.  We need a volunteer who has the TIME and the KNOWLEDGE to
do so.

If someone else can do this, we're looking good to get it started.  I haved
consciensciously(sp?) saved all the email addresses sent regarding an
interest in such a list both from last year and just recently.

But we need a volunteer to manage it (Jim?).

I believe we are much better off waiting to begin until we have a Options
Discussion Group listserv manager in place.  But whether we do or not, I'll
publish the email addresses of those who have indicated interest in such a
listserv tomorrow to the Metastock Discussion List.

Here's the message I received:

"Steven,

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998 09:36:44 -0800, you wrote:

>Would you still be able to host a email listserv for an options discussion?

my answer is  "yes", but there are still some conditions:

first: my mail server is located in munich, germany. So response will
not be as fast as it could be, if the server would be located in the
US.

secondly: I would like someone else(i.e. YOU?)  to do _all_ the
maniging work on this option discussion list, e.g. approvement of new
users, selection of mails to be distributed, etc.

If you can agree on these points: please, let me know, and I'll
provide you with the appropriate info necessary to start the list,
which can be done in one day."

>From me:  I've got the email addresses.  We're set to go as soon as we have
the manager.

Steven Buss