Re: Re.Good book on day trading, SOES, or short term?

  • To: "Gardner Howe" <ajayas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Re.Good book on day trading, SOES, or short term?
  • From: "Richard Estes" <restes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 15:05:41 -0800 (PST)

First an answer in general terms. Ask your self would this book return a 1/8
to 1/4 point on a 1000 share trade?  If it does look as if it would, buy it.

Its setups are not new, It is a book of entry patterns with exits basely
left up in the air.  It is futures oriented, with short position trades of a
few days.

If someone is going to try daytrading, they better read any and everything
they can. Daytrading is "trading the noise". I have a theory that daytraders
don't trust themselves or their system, so they are controlled by fear. Most
fail at it. The cost of trading that way just makes them fail faster. There
are a few who succeed, but it requires a great deal of effort and
discipline, that few have.

Read everything you can. And when you do, I would bet you come around to: We
trade expansion and contraction of price, our indicators measure Price and
Volume, Gann/Fib provides the predictions.

Richard Estes
http://www.intop.net/~restes/