Re: Macros for Metastock

Wolfgang:

You wrote:

<< there are programs to automate Windows95, like "Automate", even
 available as shareware. They allow recording keyboard macros. This is at
 least, what my more computer literate friends are saying.
 Furthermore Equis is selling a macro program for some $ 65 if I recall
 correctely.
 I still use Metastock 4.0 for those reasons and some others. >>

The advantage that the MS macros had over "generic" macros is that you could
"tag" several securities within a MS directory and have a particular macro
operate just against those that are tagged.  The ability to "tag" a security
was quick and easy so if you wanted to run a different macro against a
different set of securities you could change your selection rapidly.  I
bitched to MS about this loss when I upgraded to the Win95 version, and hope
that others have too.  Yet, as you point out, the Win95 versions have other
advantages over the earlier versions.

Jim Brewster