From: John Sellers <ay286@xxxxxxxx>
To: 'Jan Diederik' <jddehaas@xxxxxxx>
Date: zaterdag 21 februari 1998 20:26
Subject: RE: Data CD rom

I use IRL program to generate indices with volume. This program is offered
by Equis who acts as a retailer for the source. The volume generated is the
sum of the individual stock volumes. For instance the DJ index is made up of
30 stocks and their accumulated volume. To keep this data up to date one
needs this program or another source. I do not know of another source.

I have heard others say that they use the total NYSE volume as a substitute.
What kind of data are you using now? Where did you get it? You may wish to
check it against the NYSE volume to use if that is the volume you have been
using.

John Sellers
Torrance, CA
USA