Problem converting ASCII file with DL 4.11

  • To: "Meta Stock Discussion Group (Adresse de messagerie)" <support@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Problem converting ASCII file with DL 4.11
  • From: Robert Duplain <rduplain@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 20:18:05 -0800 (PST)

I have some up to date mutual fund MS files which I want to update with
historical data.  The historical data are in the following format:

ACA%AME,01/02/96,13.020
ACA%AME,01/03/96,12.850
ACA%AME,01/04/96,12.680
ACA%AME,01/05/96,12.660
ACA%AME,01/08/96,12.780
ACA%AME,01/09/96,12.500
ACA%AME,01/10/96,12.320
ACA%AME,01/11/96,12.490
ACA%AME,01/12/96,12.490
ACA%AME,01/16/96,12.540
ACA%AME,01/17/96,12.420
ACA%AME,01/18/96,12.500
ACA%AME,01/19/96,12.720
ACA%AME,01/22/96,12.830
ACA%AME,01/23/96,12.880

I do not have any problem doing this operation with stock data files which
have the following format:

HPC@,03/21/94,7.38,7.50,7.25,7.38,54400
HPC@,03/22/94,7.375,7.500,7.375,7.500,13500
HPC@,03/23/94,7.38,7.38,7.38,7.38,4000
HPC@,03/24/94,7.38,7.50,7.00,7.00,68900
HPC@,03/25/94,7.00,7.13,6.88,7.00,68200
HPC@,03/28/94,7.00,7.00,6.63,6.63,6600
HPC@,03/29/94,6.63,6.75,6.13,6.25,13000
HPC@,03/30/94,6.25,6.25,6.00,6.00,7100
HPC@,03/31/94,6.00,6.50,6.00,6.38,6000
HPI@,01/04/94,2.35,2.30,2.25,2.30,1600
HPI@,01/05/94,2.30,2.25,2.25,2.25,500
HPI@,01/06/94,2.25,2.25,2.20,2.25,5300
HPI@,01/07/94,2.25,2.25,2.20,2.25,2700
HPI@,01/10/94,2.25,2.25,2.15,2.15,3300
HPI@,01/11/94,2.15,2.15,2.15,2.15,500
HPI@,01/12/94,2.15,2.15,2.10,2.10,15400
HPI@,01/13/94,2.10,2.05,2.00,2.05,17800
HPI@,01/14/94,2.05,2.05,1.95,1.95,759500

When I do the operation with the mutual fund file I get a pop-up window
asking:

"Please enter a ticker symbol for the data in G:\Metastock\Data\file.asc"

I tried entering ACA%AME and it did not worked. I tried entering ACU%CAA
which is the first ticker in my MS database and it did not worked.  I tried
a plain return key and it did not worked.  I tried modifying some source
file options without any success.

Do any body has a solution for this problem.  Do I need to upgrade
Donwloader 4.11, would it solve the problem?

Thanks

Ps: If you respond through the list, please put also my name in the To or
Cc box
Robert Duplain                Email:   rduplain@xxxxxxxxxxxx