Re: Weekly Pick

Bill Saxon wrote:

> Harley ...
>
> The tone of your post would lead one to believe that you pay attention
> to <gasp> Fundamentals.  A technician's room should be windowless
> [:-).

I'm not immune to looking at fundamentals but this one meets my criteria on the
fundamentals as well as the technical.  The rough spot may come in the spring
when Japanese start announcing the capital equipment expenditures.  Ripple
effect might knock the group for a loop.

Nice OBV and Money flow into this one currently.

The attached chart shows the current forward p/e relative to the S&P 500 p/e for
the past 2.5 years.  SVGI is near the lows set in the crash of the group in
1996.  A return to a "normal" premium to the S&P would suggest that Jim's
estimate of $38 is conservative.

Earnings estimate changes alter these graphs dramatically. ;-)

Now since I'm using a graph, is this fundamental analysis, or technical?
<grin>

----
Dave
Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\svgi2.gif"