Re: Entry Indicator

My apologies to any who sent in messages on this topic or "HHV Since
Entry" in the last twelve hours.  A batch of messages evaporated after I
had downloaded them.

After exploring a number of dead ends, I have come to the conclusion
that there is no exact answer, and the only way to time an indicator
from entry into a trade is to find some approximation to the conditions
that generate the trade, or alternatively to use a trailing stop, which
is just what people have been telling me.

Evidently Metastock is not one seamless program, but a group of modules
which access the same files but do not communicate with each other.  The
charting program is the basic MetaStock.  Overlaid on this are the
System Tester, the Explorer, and the Expert Advisor.  All share the
ability to read the MS data files and the Indicator file, but little
else.  The Indicator Builder is a module that handles only the Indicator
file.

As a result, each has to be treated as a separate program, with its own
abilities and limitations.  When you are in one module you cannot access
the others. The fact that the System Tester can plot arrows on a chart
to indicate trades creates the illusion of integration without the
reality.

The more I run into MetaStock's limitations for coding the more I resort
to Excel.  Short of moving up to TradeStation, has anyone found anything
better?  Technifilter?  Wave Wi$e?  Since we're all on the MS list,
probably not.

Harvey Pearce, Victoria, B.C., Canada