Velocity Indicator

I have been playing with theb Chaikin's Volatility Indicator in my
MetaStock program to see if I could use it for anything, and I was
wondering if there are any others to test? That is, what are they called in
my program. And second, is a Volatility Indicator the same as a Velocity
Indicator. That would be, a oscillator that shows you the rate-of-change of
the closing price over time.

Or perhaps there is no such thing as a Velocity Indicator in technical
analysis. I have heard the word volocity used in relation to money, but not
for an Indicator. (At least, not yet.)

Regards
Zane Kori

*