Re: Codes

Hi Arthur,

The symbols that you use for the various indices vary depending on the
data provider that you are using.  The Downloader contains symbols for
Reuters Trend Data link (which is what I use) and may not work for
other providers.  You should pester them for the specific symbols to
use.

For the DJIA, one of the folling symbols should work:
.DJI  INDU  DJIA  .INDU  .DJIA

As for the Advance/Decline line, your data provider should have two
different symbols for NYSE Advances and NYSE Declines (for me they are
X.NYSE-A and X.NYSE-D).  Once you know what they are, start the
Downloader and use the "File/New/Composite" command.  Name the new
composite "NYSE A-D".  In the primary symbol field, enter the symbol
for NYSE Advances.  Choose "Subtract" as the operator, enter the NYSE
Declines symbol as the secondary symbol and press "Create" then press
"Cancel".  Now close the Downloader and open Metastock.  Use the
"New/Chart" command and select the "NYSE A-D" security that you just
created.  Finally, find "Advance Decline Line" in the Quick List
dropdown (in the toolbar) and drag it from the quick list and drop it
at the very top of the chart so it creates a new inner window.

Hope this helps,
Chip
http://coolhistory.com/ChipsCharts