Stop Orders

Richard....

Like I said, I have not been invovled in the business the past few years.
Perhaps things have changed, not only rapidly, but also radically in my
absence.  I do not doubt that orders are now handled the way you stated.  But
when was the last time anybody had their broker ask if they wanted their order
"held or not held."  My experience has been that unless specified by the
client, the order is sent for execution to the primary market by the firm.  In
such cases, stop loss orders will not be executed in any after hours or non-
primary markets.  Accordingly, many users of stop loss orders really do not
have the protection they think they have.

You are right.....I do not like stop loss orders and will rarely use them and
then only as a last resort.  You are also right that we can agree to disagree.
Isn't this not only a great country but also a great business?????

Jerry