Re: Small Caps

Boy, this one sent me back to the textbooks...

I've never seen the January Effect defined this way before.  My
"bookshelf research" revealed that many people define it as "So goes
January, so goes the rest of the year."  (TAAZ, Achelis, p.108)
Fosback calls this "January Barometer".

Lots of other define it like TASC does: "The tendency for securities
prices to to recover in January after tax-related selling is completed
before the year-end."  (Volume 14, p.684)

This is the first time I've seen someone refer to a Small Cap/Large
Cap effect.  I'm very interested in learning more - can you point me
to a reference?

Thanks,
Chip

---Greatelto@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Well, we all now know that the "January Effect" (i.e. that small caps
> outperform large caps) has been a big fizzle to date.  But let's
discuss this
> a little bit.  There may well be reasons to expect the "January
Effect" will