Re: Fundamental vs Technical

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Greatelto <Greatelto@xxxxxxx>
Aan: metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: surfingrincon@xxxxxxxx <surfingrincon@xxxxxxxx>
Datum: dinsdag 13 januari 1998 1:57
Onderwerp: Fundamental vs Technical

>Jeff wrote...."My opinion, in a word: yes...fundamental analysis looks at a
>lot of
>ratios: PE - price to earnings, cash flow - income statements, balance
>sheets, etc., I don't know about news articles or stock brokerage house
>recommendations being fundamental analysis - I would not classify them as
>such.

NEWS and brokers recommondations are NOT fundamental.
Fundamental(FA) = analysis based on financial reporting according to International
                                   Accounting Associations Principals(IAAP)
Technical(TA)        = analysis based on technical reporting according to International
                                   Technical Analysis Associations(ITAA)
Fundamentals of the market = combines both FA and TA, todays news and
                                   tomorrow's outlook.
Technical analysis is based almost entirely on the analysis of price and volume.

>If you believe that all this stuff - fundamental and news - is
>reflected in the price of the stock, than you can simplify your analysis
>of companies by simply looking at their chart patterns - thus you begin
>technical analysis.

Price     =  an agreement between buyers and sellers, wich reflects their analysis of
                  supply and demand(incl. human emotions and expactations).

> What do you think gang, can I write a book ?"...........

Have you read them all?

>Absolutely!!   But don't forget that interpretations of chart patterns are "in
>the eyes of the beholder."

Charts scanned by TA-basic will output a non-disputable report.
Ones interpretations are his own.

Ton.