Re: Symbol List

(Equis Support - see crash report and question below.)

Here's a "hacky" way to do it:

1. Use MS's "File/Open..." command
2. Select "Smart Charts" in the "Type of Files" dropdown
3. Select "By Symbols"
4. Navigate to the directory you want
5. Click on the first stock symbol
6. Scroll right until the last stock you want is visible
7. Hold down "Shift" and click on the last stock

IMPORTANT NOTE!  Don't select more than 255 stocks in step #7 or MS
will display a ton of message boxes and then CRASH!!!

8. There is now a list of security symbols in the "Security" edit box.
Getting these into the clipboard is tricky!  Here are the steps:
    a.) Right click anywhere over the "Security" edit box.
    b.) Choose "Select All" from the popup menu
    c.) Right click on the "Security" edit box again.
    d.) Now choose "Copy" from the popup menu

EQUIS: Why is it so hard to cut-and-paste from your edit boxes?

9. Run Notepad (Hit the Windows key, press "R", type "notepad")
10. Press Ctrl-V to paste in the symbols
11. Manually press enter between each symbol.

Yeah - it's very hacky! ;-)  Hopefully you only need to do this once!
There may be other/better techniques, but I'm unaware of them.

Hope this helps,
Chip
http://coolhistory.com/ChipsCharts