Re: Is quote.com a good provider of EOD data ?

Hi!

I have append an example file from quote.com for end-of-day (ZIP) yesterday.
It's from the Nasdaq. You could chose from the downloading area at quote.com
to download the data as a Zip-file or an simple text file.
I download only zips - faster...

A.J. Maas wrote:

> >from quote.com.
> >You could download a zip or text file for each Exchange.
> >Convert it with the downloader to your database and thats it.
>
> Is this with or without a subscribtion?
> Wich Exchanges?
> Do you have any xxxxx.url 's to share?

This is with a monthly (Basic) subscription of above $9.95.

> >I have made a simple program in VB4.0..
> >It works fine with no problem...
>
> Can you explain this a bit more?
> This is educational, as I have no experience with VB.

The problem is that the volume in the file is the real number. one million is 1000000.

You could see it in the file i have append.
Mostly end-of-day data updates uses volume / 100.
So i need a program which makes that for me in the file from quote.com before
i convert it to my existed database.
If you will chose quote.com and you need the volume converting  i send you the
programm
which i made for my own - OK!. Its little and it takes only several seconds to make
the volume
convert in the quote.com source file after unzipping..
Try to convert an stock at your database with the downloader to an text file
and compare the volume in the text file with that in the file i sent to you and you
will understand me.

> >Its cheap and the download of the datas is very fast (couple of minutes with).
> >I use the program "Autorun" which makes the work for me - downloading the datas
> >from quote.com - converting it with the downloader to my database and so on...
>
> What does AutoRun do if you have a disrubtion or some other sort of failure, while
> downloading and/or converting?

 Autorun stops the task and writes a log file.Then it starts another application
which sends a message to my pager.
If that happens I'll look for the problem...
I convert the datas not with Autorun. I convert them with the downloader.
I never had problems with the data files - converting.
You know about Autorun?

> Schuss,
> Ton.

I update every day 13000 stocks.
I hope I'll could help you!!!

Bye

Juergen

PS: If you have more questions....

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\Update.zip"