Re: Is quote.com a good provider of EOD data ?

Hi Matt!

I use quote.com since more than a year to update my database with End-Of-Day datas

from quote.com.
You could download a zip or text file for each Exchange.
Convert it with the downloader to your database and thats it.
The only problem is that the volume of the End-Of-Day files are in real - not
volume / 100.
If you have made your database with the historical data CD from Equis or your
database
volume is (volume /100) you should
convert the volume of the End-Of-Day datas from quote.com before you convert them
into the database
with your downloader.
I have made a simple program in VB4.0..
It works fine with no problem...
Its cheap and the download of the datas is very fast (couple of minutes with).
I use the program "Autorun" which makes the work for me - downloading the datas
from quote.com - converting it with the downloader to my database and so on...

I hope it helps you!

Juergen