Re: Modified moving average..

I download this formula from Equis web:

"Average-Modified Method"

 From The New Commodity Trading Systems and Methods, by Perry J. Kaufman

Chapter 4 - Moving Averages, pg. 60.

This formula is for version 6.5 of MetaStock for Windows 95 & NT only and
cannot be written in previous version.

This is a modified simple moving average.

The formula will prompt you for input for the number of time periods to use
in the moving average.

     Day:=Cum(1)+1;

     Z:=Input("Periods",2,1000,5);

     MV:=(1/Z);

     If(Day<(Z+2),C,If(day=(Z+2),Mov(C,LastValue(Z),S),PREV+(MV*(C-PREV))))