Re: Mutual Fund Indicators

Hey E.T.,

I don't trade mutual funds, but dug up this post from earlier this year and
it was interesting enough to save........call it a place to start looking,
and I'm sure you'll get more.

> Date:          10 Feb 97 05:53:22 EST
> From:          Hugo Noomen <100413.2325@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To:            "'MetaStock Club'" <metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject:       Fourier Transform

> To All:
>
> I try to use the fourier transform to the cycles within the price or
indicators.
> So I dropped the indicator on the chart.
<snip>
The ole Fourier Transform.  I remember it well.  My remembrance
of it is that it looked good, felt bad!

If it is cycles you are looking for, this is the way I find
cycles in the Fidelity Select Mutual funds...load your number of
periods, then run MetaStock's Max Profit System - on each fund
of interest.  Not only will this give you the fund which returns
the max profit out of the 35 funds, and a goal to shoot for, but
look at the 'Average Periods In, then Average Periods Out'.
Add'em up and you have the real-world cycle.  Half of that
should be the peaks and valleys.  Now find an indicator which
will get you closer to the Max Profit than any other.  Might
have to add a second indicator and some 'Stops' to squeeze the
most from it.  But, if all a trade costs you is 3/4% to exit
with no entry fee and no bid/ask spread and if you're lucky
enough to be working with retirement money with no per
transaction taxes - it's hard to beat - and takes a lot less
work!
****
William Sumrall
sumrall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx