Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 08:00:16 -0500
From: wmathews@xxxxxxxxxx (Bill Mathews)
To: fortuna@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Internet Tax
Sender: owner-fortuna@xxxxxxxxx

====================== Editor's News ===========================
Please all US Members look at this and send in a Letter.

Subject: Are you ready for the next Internet ISP tax, If so read on.

The following message came to me from a retired executive of
Southern  Connecticut Bell Telephone Company. It seems that local phone
companies  throughout the United States are supporting legislation that
would impose  "per minute" charges for our connection to Internet
Service Providers.

I am writing you this to inform you of a very important matter.
Currently under review by the FCC: Your local telephone company
has filed a proposal with the FCC to impose per minute charges for your
internet  service.  They contend that your usage has or will hinder the
operation of the  telephone network. It is my belief that internet
usage will diminish if users were required to pay additional per
minute charges. The FCC has created an email box for your comments.

 Send your comments to isp@xxxxxxx and tell them what you think.
Every phone company is in on this one, and they are trying to
sneak it in  just under the wire for legislation. Let everyone you know
hear about this one.  Get the e-mail address of everyone you can
think of and ask them to e-mail to:    isp@xxxxxxx
I would appreciate any further information form any of you regarding
theis matter.