Re: [amibroker] Re: Can Amibroker handle small decimal numbers?

  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 06:28:04 -0700
  • From: Howard B <howardbandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Can Amibroker handle small decimal numbers?

Hi Zozu --

How small are the numbers and how are you using them?

Multiplying by 100 or 1000 is often useful when working with indicator values so that they scale reasonably when plotted.

Multiplying by 100 or 1000 may be useful when combining a variable with a small value with a variable with a large value so that the significant digits of the smaller value are retained.

Adding a constant and / or multiplying by a constant may be necessary to create a number that has a positive integer part if that value will be added to a composite and stored in the volume field.

Thanks,
Howard