[amibroker] Re: Saving on optimization time

  • Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 19:10:14 -0000
  • From: "j0etr4der" <j0etr4der@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: Saving on optimization time

Hi,

Assuming that the width of the range in more significant than the resolution, you might try something like this:

heat = optimize( "heat", 5, 1, 10, 1 );
fast = optimize( "fast", 25, 1, 50, 1 ) * 2;
slow = optimize( "slow", 50, 25, 75, 1 ) * 2;

25,000 vs 100,000 combinations.

I've had good success with CMAE, you might try it out.

OptimizerSetEngine("cmae");

It's pretty much self-configuring, so don't worry about the parameters. If you are unfamiliar with CMAE, there's a fair amount of good info in Help.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/

    amibroker-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    amibroker-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx