Re: [amibroker] Help Needed with formula

  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 13:58:34 -0800
  • From: "NW Trader" <pk47hargus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Help Needed with formula

Hi Andre,

I don't know about in ALF, but in AFL <vbg> it's certainly possible and easy.  I'm assuming you want the entire chart to have a different color when the condition is true and another color when false, rather than just the indicator changing color.  So you can try the following:

XX = C;  // substitute your value here

Indicator1 = MA(c, 5);
Indicator2 = MA(c, 20);
Indicator3 = MA(c, 50);

Indicator1_Color = colorblue;
Indicator2_Color = colorred;
Indicator3_Color = colorplum;

plot(c, "CLOSE", colorblack, stylecandle);

Plot(Indicator1, "Indicator 1", Indicator1_color, styleline );
Plot(Indicator2, "Indicator 2", Indicator2_color, styleline );
Plot(Indicator3, "Indicator 3", Indicator3_color, styleline );

Background1_color = colortan;
Background2_color = colorrose;

Cond1 = indicator3 > XX;
cond2 = indicator3 < XX;

Plot(100, "Close vs Indicator 3",
    iif(cond1, colortan,
    iif(cond2, colorrose,
    colordefault )), styleownscale|stylearea|stylenolabel|stylenotitle, 0 , 100, 0, -5);

I wrote the above on the fly (didn't write it within the formula editor), however it should work fine unless there is a word-wrap issue. Let me know if this is what you want.  For demonstration purposes I simply made the indicators to be moving averages with some default periods and the value the close of the instrument.  Substitute your own value for XX and indicators for the MAs. Similarly you may pick your own colors to suit you. Didn't bother to parameterize anything as I don't know what you are really doing or what you are trading.

Peace and Justice   ---   Patrick