Re: [amibroker] Sick of running different OSs. Anyone rinning solo 64-bit W7?

  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:05:11 -0500
  • From: Herman <psytek@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Sick of running different OSs. Anyone rinning solo 64-bit W7?

Thank you Tomasz,

That is very encouraging! I think the best way to switch is to change one of my drives to 64W7 while keeping the old XP/Vista drives intact for manual boot selection.

I am just itching to cleanup/simplify my AB system, hide all 30-40 of my custom gfx buttons, skip all the menus, and use Windows Speech Recognition (WSR) to control trading systems, change layouts, indicators, etc., with a simple verbal command. The possibilities are unlimited!

If you haven't viewed the latest W7 SR demo and tried your hand at writing some wsrMacros you are missing out on the most exciting development since we started Auto-Trading and using Synthesized-Voice. Now we have the opportunity to combine them all!

btw, Their ought to be a AmiBroker-wsr Yahoo group... why not lead the pack once more?

Best regards,
herman

Tomasz Janeczko wrote:
Hello,

I am running Windows 7 64-bit exclusively (I mean for development & trading) since November 2009.
Earlier I had dual boot machine.

One most important note is that AmiBroker, eSignal, IQFeed, IB, Quotes Plus all run on Windows 7 64 bit without problems.
I do not use PremiumData but it should work fine as well. In fact majority of recently released business/office programs run just fine. I had problems with some older DAWs (digital audio workstation) programs and some old MS office service pack, there is also no built-in e-mail program on W7, so you need to use 3rd party app or MS "Live" products, there are few quirks
here and there but it is not a "disaster".

But... you still need to use 32-bit program version for maximum data compatibility currently data vendor's APIs
(with few exceptions) are not 64-bit. And 64-bit API is required to build 64-bit plugin DLL that is in turn required
to run native 64-bit AmiBroker version.

See also:
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/compat.html

Best regards,