[amibroker] Re: Ami causing access violations in IB - still fails with beta 5.29.2

  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 20:02:25 -0000
  • From: "Barry" <razzbarry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: Ami causing access violations in IB - still fails with beta 5.29.2

I think the problem was coming on in stages.  When I upgraded TWS in November I also upgraded Java.  But when I went to the TWS Java download I missed the Java link and cot confused and went to the Java site and downloaded the latest from there.  They aint the same as the one in TWS. I have been having trouble with Ami closing when it started back filling for some time, but intemittantly.  Then Friday it started doing it all the time.  Nothing had changed that I knew of.

I upgraded TWS to the latest and that did not help.  Then I installed Windows 7 and had the same problem.  Then I went back to TWS site and downloaded the Java from there and the problems went away on XP and Win 7.

One thing on Win 7 using dual boot and installing TWS.  I took the default and it put it in c:\Jts.  But that is XP hard drive.  When I did that TWS tried to start but never did.  It hung every time and I had to kill the task.  Then the light went on and I finally put it in the Win 7 directory F:\Jts and that fixed that problem.

So currently both systems are running fine, except I screwed up my databases when I initially installed Ami 5.20 and use the data based.  So now I am rebuilding them.  I had backed them up when I installed beta 5.29.6.  What fun.

Thanks for the debug tips,
Barry

    amibroker-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    amibroker-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx