[amibroker] Re: If Position = flat, I would like to have a stock as equity

  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:06:23 -0000
  • From: "Mike" <sfclimbers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: If Position = flat, I would like to have a stock as equity

Sorry for the delayed response. That's not something that I've tried to do myself, so have not code to offer.

However, the low level API allows you to enter and exit trades programmatically within the custom backtester without need for any incoming generated signals.

The idea would be that, in the absence of any signals, you could check the open trades list and enter a full equity ETF position when no other positions are open. Similarly, upon receiving signals for a given bar, you could liquidate the ETF holdings. You could go all or nothing like that, or you could accumulate/liquidate to/from the ETF just enough to make available sufficient funds to trade incoming signals.

Mike

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/

    amibroker-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx