Re: [amibroker] Re: Ami causing access violations in IB - still fails with beta 5.29.2

  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:55:06 -0500
  • From: Keith McCombs <kmccombs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Ami causing access violations in IB - still fails with beta 5.29.2

You might also try running MEM86+.  Let it run all night.

CPU temp is a function of how hard it is working, so you should record temperature over long time while computer is working hard (for example, doing deep anti-virus scan and/or disk defrag).  When computer is on but, relatively idle for 5 or 10 minutes, temp should be around 40C, 105F.

If computer is more than two or three years old, you may have to remove heat sink and replace heat sink paste, using  "Arctic Silver" or similar.

Barry wrote:

I tried a new version and the dll is at the current level. I created a new database and it did the same thing. I have been having weird problems with other software. I also noticed my system was 161F. I cleaned the CPUI fan and it dropped to 125F. But that did not stop the weirdness. I am going to start with a new hard drive and install Win 7 and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
Barry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, Keith McCombs <kmccombs@xx.> wrote:

> Barry --
> I was experiencing similar problems: Tried to fix by downloading latest
> version about 1/2 hour ago. That 'appears' to work.
> I just checked on original files downloaded:
> Problem: tws40_install_prev.exe size: 22,427,808 ver: 9006.4455.00 Mod:
> Working: tws40_install.exe size: 22,711,296 ver: 9018.4455.00
>
> BTW, check the version on ib.dll (not the date). It should be 2.0.2.
> To find versions, right click on file; select Properties>Version.
>
> Hope this helps.
> -- Keith
>
> Barry wrote:
> >

> > I tried this with Ami 4.90 and it does the same thing. I backed up to
> > the previous TWS 900.6 and it does the same thing. Something must have
> > gotten corrupted in my system. I haven't a clue how to debug that.
> > Could there be something wrong with the ib.dll? When I downloaded beta
> > 5.29.2 did that provide the latest dll? If not, how do I get the
> > latest one.
> >
> > But then the older dll with Ami 4.90 doesn't work either.
> >
> > What could be going on?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Barry
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > "Barry" <razzbarry@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I upgraded to the latest beta. I loaded the newest java but that is
> > the same version I was using. The error first started this morning
> > with the nov build of TWS. I upgraded to 901.8 this morning and that
> > did not help. As soon as ami starts to back fill it closes. I am using
> > the ib.dll and the date of that is 10/2/09.
> > >
> > > The symptoms have changed a little. If I start ami first it does not
> > give an access violation error. it just closes when it back fills. If
> > I start ami after tws it closes as soon as it tries to back fill.
> > >
> > > What is the latest known TWS version that is compatible with Ami?
> > >
> > > What else can be going on?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Barry
> > >

> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com

> > server. When I closed the error window TWS came up and looked fine.

> > from IB for the displayed ticker and then Ami closed.

> > says

> > at 001B:1A0127C1, release()+2817 bytes(s)

> > latest and when I started TWS I got the same settings error and when I
> > started Ami it closed immediately as before.

> > <http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/>

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/