Re: [amibroker] Re: Ami causing access violations in IB - still fails with beta 5.29.2

  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 06:15:10 -0500
  • From: Keith McCombs <kmccombs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Ami causing access violations in IB - still fails with beta 5.29.2

Barry --
I was experiencing similar problems:  Tried to fix by downloading latest version about 1/2 hour ago.  That 'appears' to work.
I just checked on original files downloaded:
  Problem: tws40_install_prev.exe  size: 22,427,808  ver: 9006.4455.00  Mod:
  Working: tws40_install.exe       size: 22,711,296  ver: 9018.4455.00

BTW, check the version on ib.dll (not the date).  It should be 2.0.2.
To find versions, right click on file; select Properties>Version.

Hope this helps.
-- Keith

Barry wrote:

I tried this with Ami 4.90 and it does the same thing. I backed up to the previous TWS 900.6 and it does the same thing. Something must have gotten corrupted in my system. I haven't a clue how to debug that. Could there be something wrong with the ib.dll? When I downloaded beta 5.29.2 did that provide the latest dll? If not, how do I get the latest one.

But then the older dll with Ami 4.90 doesn't work either.

What could be going on?

Thanks,
Barry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Barry" <razzbarry@x..> wrote:

> I upgraded to the latest beta. I loaded the newest java but that is the same version I was using. The error first started this morning with the nov build of TWS. I upgraded to 901.8 this morning and that did not help. As soon as ami starts to back fill it closes. I am using the ib.dll and the date of that is 10/2/09.
>
> The symptoms have changed a little. If I start ami first it does not give an access violation error. it just closes when it back fills. If I start ami after tws it closes as soon as it tries to back fill.
>
> What is the latest known TWS version that is compatible with Ami?
>
> What else can be going on?
>
> Thanks,
> Barry
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, Tomasz Janeczko <groups@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > 5.29.2 is obsolete BETA version.
> > If you are using BETA versions you should always use the latest,
> > which is 5.29.6
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Tomasz Janeczko
> > amibroker.com
> >

> > On 2010-01-21 13:25, Barry wrote:
> > > This morning I started IB first then Ami as usual. When TWS started
> > > I had an error that said the settings were downloaded from the server. When I closed the error window TWS came up and looked fine.
> > >
> > > As soon as Ami started it started downloading the intraday data from IB for the displayed ticker and then Ami closed.
> > >
> > > If I open Ami first then IB and I got an error in TWS. The Error says
> > >
> > > Code c0000005
> > > Description Access Violation
> > > Address 1A0127C1
> > > Detailed description
> > > Broker.exe caused a exception-access-violation in module ib.dll at 001B:1A0127C1, release()+2817 bytes(s)
> > > Then is shows the call stack, not included here.
> > >
> > > The TWS build I was using was from Nov 2009. I upgraded to the latest and when I started TWS I got the same settings error and when I started Ami it closed immediately as before.
> > >
> > > I am running XP with SP3, Ami 5.29.2, java 1.6.0_17 and TWS 901.8.
> > >
> > > Any idea what is going on?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >

> > > ------------------------------------
> > >
> > > **** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****
> > > This group is for the discussion between users only.
> > > This is *NOT* technical support channel.
> > >
> > > TO GET TECHNICAL SUPPORT send an e-mail directly to
> > > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
> > >
> > > TO SUBMIT SUGGESTIONS please use FEEDBACK CENTER at
> > > http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/
> > > (submissions sent via other channels won't be considered)
> > >
> > > For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check DEVLOG:
> > > http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/
> > >
> > > Yahoo! Groups Links

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/