Re: [amibroker] Anyone having problems with IQFeed data?

  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:17:33 +0100
  • From: Tomasz Janeczko <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Anyone having problems with IQFeed data?

Hello,

You should configure your database exactly as shown in the video:
http://www.amibroker.com/video/IQFeed.html

As shown in the video "Base time interval" should be set to 1 (ONE) minute.
15-minute data are not available directly from DTN (only tick, 1-minute
and daily).

Then to use 15-minute data use View->Intraday->15 minute menu.

If you set base time interval to 15-minutes, the plugin will take 1-minute
data it receives from DTN and compress it. If resulting datetime stamp
is 10:32
it means it was the very first 1-minute bar that DTN returned in given
15-minute period.
But as long as it is done inside plugin you don't see it (because you
don't see received 1-minute data).

Therefore you NEED TO use base time interval of ONE MINUTE. Then you
will see in quotation
editor underlying 1-minute data and everything will be clear. Also you
will be able to force timestamps to
be on boundary (even if there is no data) using
Tools->Preferences->Intraday "Show start time of interval"
setting.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com