[amibroker] Re: Duplicating Symbols

  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:43:59 -0000
  • From: "dbwyatt_1999" <dbw451@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: Duplicating Symbols

I've attempted to code functionality to duplicate symbols using the AmiBroker OLE interface.  In my test code below, 2 symbols ($A0 and $CA) are attempted to be duplicated into symbols $A0_2, $A0_3, $CA_2, and $CA_3.  The duplication process entails:

1. adding a new symbol
2. setting the new symbol information using the source symbol information
3. adding new symbol quotes and assigning source symbol quote values.

My test code creates a new symbol ($A0_2) and assigns the FullName and Currency, but does not assign any other symbol information.  The code also does not create the quotes for the new symbol.  The SaveDatabase() routine is reached and executed.  The code then generates an "unhandled application error" probably caused by RestorePriceArrays() to a new symbol that has no quotes.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with the following code?

//
// AmiBroker OLE code to Duplicate a list of Symbols
//
DuplicateTickers = ParamTrigger("Duplicate Tickers", "Click here to Duplicate Tickers");
TickerList = ParamStr("Tickers to Duplicate","$AO,$CA");
MaxTickerNum = Param("Max Ticker Number",3,2,12,1);

if(DuplicateTickers)
{

	AB = CreateObject("Broker.Application");
	oStocks = AB.Stocks;
	for (m=2; m<=MaxTickerNum; m++) // Loop through each duplicate
	{
		for(n=0; (Ticker=StrExtract( TickerList, n))!=""; n++) // Loop through each symbol
		{
			oSymbol = oStocks.Item( Ticker );

			TickerNew = Ticker + "_" + m;
			oSymbolNew = oStocks.Add( TickerNew );

			oSymbolNew.FullName = oSymbol.FullName;
			oSymbolNew.Currency = oSymbol.Currency;
			oSymbolNew.Continuous = oSymbol.Continuous;
			oSymbolNew.MarketID = oSymbol.MarketID;
			oSymbolNew.GroupID = oSymbol.GroupID;
			oSymbolNew.IndustryID = oSymbol.IndustryID;
			oSymbolNew.DataLocalMode = oSymbol.DataLocalMode;
			oSymbolNew.RoundLotSize = oSymbol.RoundLotSize;
			oSymbolNew.MarginDeposit = oSymbol.MarginDeposit;
			oSymbolNew.TickSize = oSymbol.TickSize;
			oSymbolNew.PointValue = oSymbol.PointValue;

			SetForeign( Ticker );
			qDate = DateNum();
			for(i=0; i<BarCount; i++)
			{