Re: [amibroker] Re: S&P100 Lists from 2006 to 2010

  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 09:01:51 +0800
  • From: Richard Dale <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: S&P100 Lists from 2006 to 2010

Unfortunately the lists provided by three_percent do not show symbol changes.

eg. Sun Microsystems changed its trading symbol from SUNW to JAVA.  It is an S&P 500 constituent.  The 2007 list shows it as SUNW but 2008 onwards shows it as JAVA.

Any decent data vendor would have renamed SUNW to JAVA so having a constituent of SUNW in your constituent isn't helpful at all because this symbol will not be found.

We (Norgate) are working on historical survivorship-bias-free index constituent lists and will look to provide a plugin much along the lines described by John below.  ETA is probably March-April next year.  Since we have a delisted stocks database already this makes like much easier.  At this stage we'll be looking to do the Russell 1000/2000/3000 back to 1990, DJIA back to 1950 and S&P 500 back to the 1970s if all of our research on constituent data is complete.

Best regards,
Richard Dale.
Norgate Investor Services
- Premium quality Stock, Futures and Foreign Exchange Data for
  markets in Australia, Asia, Canada, Europe, UK & USA -
www.premiumdata.net