[amibroker] Re: Australian Futures Symbols: IB + AmiBroker ...

  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 22:45:00 -0000
  • From: "edwol53" <edwol@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: Australian Futures Symbols: IB + AmiBroker ...

Hello

FYI (From an email support tag)

If you are using instruments denominated in other currencies, you need to add currency code to the symbol.

Due to possible ambiguity of SMART routing when same symbol is traded with multiple currencies, IB plugin now allows to specify CURRENCY in a symbol. The symbol format is now: SYMBOL-EXCHANGE-TYPE-CURRENCY.

All symbols that do not have explicit currency specification use USD now except forex).

The default currency is USD and it is used when nothing is specified as  4th part of symbol.

So for example MSFT gets internally resolved to MSFT-SMART-STK-USD

OR in this case APH0-SNFE-FUT was resolved to APH0-SNFE-FUT-USD and USD being the default & such a symbol is not valid.

Also you may want to watch the ASX SPI index ie SPI-SNFE-IND-AUD and the XJO Alias AP-ASX-IND-AUD

Hope this helps
Cheers
Ed

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****