[amibroker] OLE issue when AA has periodicity set with non-daily value

Hi AB gurus,

I'm recently evaluating the possibilities of integrating AB and Excel and got stuck with something strange in AA settingS.

There is a very simple example that interacts with Excel from VBscript
http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=218

Everything works fine if I have "periodicity=Daily" in AA settings window. Excel will be shown with results. If I change the periodicity to Hourly, for example, it takes much longer time and resources, even I have "last n Quotation = 1" in the place. AND Excel never shows up after it's eventually complete. Yet I did see an Excel instance running in the background (from Task Manger).

Did I miss something? or OLE with Excel simply doesn't work with this setting, like "Periodicity=Hourly"

I have AB v5.2, Excel 2003, Windows XP for the testing....

Thanks for the help!
JC

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/