[amibroker] Re: cant get to set a simple boolean variable..

No, intrade is not being used as an array. It is a scaler. Your problem is that you are resetting intrade at each bar. Therefore, the value will be whatever the last bar said it should be, forgetting any other values it might have had along the way.

Your entire loop can be replaced with a single line of code:

intrade = Close < MA(C, 200);

The above will store a 1 for all bars where close is less than the moving average.

If you just want to track the first day each time that your condition was met, then use ExRem:

intrade = Close < MA(C, 200);
newtrade = ExRem(intrade, NOT intrade);

Mike

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****